The ASTOS software is a multi-purpose tool for space applications. Originally designed for trajectory optimization, it provides now modules for a variety of analysis, simulation and design capabilities for the whole project life-cycle. The built-in plotting and animation tools as well as its brought range of supported scenarios and applications bring ASTOS towards unique all-in-one software. Key features of ASTOS are its
- Built-in trajectory and multi-disciplinary design optimization
- Rigid and flexible multi-body dynamics
- Wide range of mission analysis features
- Performance and system concept analysis features
- Launch and re-entry safety analysis
- Built-in plotting and animation tools
- Simulink and dSPACE interfaces for closed-loop simulations, HIL and SCOE applications
- Built-in batch-processing engine and configuration tool
Even though ASTOS is self-standing software it provides a variety of interfaces such that it can be easily integrated into an interdisciplinary working environment, e.g. SQL database and Excel import and export as well as support of many specialized data formats, e.g. CCSDS.
The ASTOS software supports a wide range of mission analysis tasks, e.g.
- visibility and link budget analysis
- eclipse analysis
- coverage analysis
- navigation GNSS analysis
- operational life-time prediction (fuel budgets considering LEOP, operations and disposal)
- requirements analysis
The launcher development domain benefits from the ASTOS capabilities in the field of
- performance analysis
- multi-disciplinary and detailed design optimization
- flexible multi-body dynamics and sloshing
- 6-DoF closed-loop simulation
- Guidance, navigation and control design
Satellite programs will benefit from the mission analysis, system concept and re-entry safety features as well as the support for Lagrange point and interplanetary orbit dynamics.